We just finished seriously reorganizing the shit out of the boards to make everything less of a clusterfuck. Several boards have been deleted, others have been combined with a a similar board etc. As shit changes, we'll leave a note here.
/mus/ was combined with /me/.
/zom/ has been combined with /x/.
/futa/ has been combined with /d/.
/nsfwwp/ combined with /wp/. /wp/ is now General (NSFW stuff allowed).
/toys/ = lolgone
/7tr/ is gone, since they have a forum and no one moderated it.
/pr/ joined /halp/.
/n/ was removed, use /h/, /d/, or /fur/ depending on furriness/fucked-up-shit.
/pco/ was combined with /co/. /co/ is now General (NSFW stuff allowed).
Many test boards were removed.
Update @ 12:13AM: And we're done. Content on the boards removed is gone since the merging tools are fucked, sorry. We realize this isn't popular (judging from the dozens of whiny threads popping up), but it makes our jobs easier and promotes more activity over a smaller number of boards rather than many.
In the long run, this is better for 7chan.
#FUCKING MINECRAFT SHIT by N3X15 - 01/05/11 @ 05:32 AM CET
All further Minecraft server shit will be here so that it no longer shits up our front page.
In other news, Steve is a faggot.
#Finished: Minecraft server switch by Teffen - 11/09/10 @ 09:03 PM CET
Nirvana has been successfully switched over to VPS. The switch offers faster load times, more player slots and fixes to several connection issues.
Additionally, the server software will be updated on 11/10/10
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)"
#NEW /gfx/ CHALLENGE by N3X15 - 11/06/10 @ 02:48 PM CET
Cryo finally got around to creating a new /gfx/ challenge. Go check it out.
#Texture Pack Competition and Server News by Teffen - 11/04/10 @ 08:28 PM CET
Minecraft will be officially supporting texture packs in the next few updates. In honor of this, Webhallen has started a competition to find the best texture pack."The best submission will not only receive a 180 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD signed by Notch, which also comes preloaded with Minecraft (a pretty big deal), but also a signed painting by Kristoffer Zetterstrand, estimated retail value 25000 SEK (3700 US$).
Second place will receive a signed and preloaded 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD
Third place will receive a signed and preloaded 90 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD"
More info here.
Additionally we are switching from Mom's Basement Enterprises to real server hardware. If you'd like to donate to the switch, click here!